Between 1931 and 1962, the United States Bureau of
Reclamation maintained a ten mile railroad from Boulder
City to the rim of Black Canyon overlooking Hoover Dam.
It was used periodically to haul supplies and material to
the dam site. In 1936 this 30-ton. 250 H.P. gas-mechanical Davenport Locomotive was purchased and remained in service until the railroad was abandoned in the early 1960's.